If you’re thinking about selling your home, it’s important to consider how the exterior of the house will be portrayed. But if you don’t have time for a lot of renovation work, there are still things that can help make your property more appealing and easier for potential buyers to visualize themselves living in your space.
We created this checklist to help you prep your home for a photoshoot so it looks its best and sells quickly!
13 tips on How To Prep Your Home for a Photo Shoot:
- Make sure all surfaces are clean and clutter-free
- Try removing any excess furniture
- Open up the windows
- Unpack boxes
- Clear off countertops
- Turn on all lights
- Remove any plants or flowers from the front porch
- Clean your home from top to bottom
- Make sure everything is in its place and looks good
- Put away any personal items that you don’t want the photographer to see
- Remove all clutter, including toys, clothes, books, etc., from the room or area where the photoshoot will take place
- Take a before picture of each room so you can compare it with after pictures later on
- If possible, remove furniture and other objects for an empty background in each photoshoot location so that there are no distractions in the photos showing off your home’s best features
Bonus tip: You may find it helpful to consult with a professional photographer about staging your home for the best possible outcome. They can help you choose which furnishings and décor will make your property look it’s very best.
With these simple steps, you can create an inviting space that will showcase your property in its best light and make it easier for buyers or renters to imagine themselves living there. If you need any more information about our services or would like us to take care of some of the prepping work for you, contact us today!
If you have questions about home buying or selling, be sure to contact one of our expert agents today.