It’s that time of year again when the leaves start to change color, the temperature starts to drop, and homeowners everywhere are busy decorating their homes for the holiday season. While it’s always fun to deck out your home in festive decorations, it’s important to keep your curb appeal in mind too. Here are a few tips for maximizing your home’s holiday look while still keeping it looking attractive from the street. Happy decorating!
Holiday decorating tips for maximizing your home’s curb appeal
- Make sure your porch is clean and clutter-free. Cluttered spaces make your spaces seem smaller.
- Add some festive holiday pillows or throws to the seating area.
- Hang a wreath on your front door – make sure it’s big and colorful
- String some lights around the porch railing or in trees nearby
- Display a large Christmas tree near the entrance of your home
- Put up a lighted garland along the roofline
The tips listed above are just a few suggestions to help give your home a holiday feel. Remember that sometimes less is more. You want your home to feel festive, warm, and inviting not cluttered. Give potential buyers a sense of what your home could be like for the holidays as they look around.
Whether you’re just starting to decorate or are almost finished, make sure to keep your curb appeal in mind. These tips will help you create a beautiful and festive home while still keeping it looking attractive from the street. Have fun decking out your home for the holidays!
If you have questions about home buying or selling, be sure to contact one of our expert agents today.